OWNZ Annual General Meeting and Election Information
Please CLICK HERE to read the Newsletter
Athlete Notification: ADAMS Whereabouts Requirements – PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Expression of Interest Form for 2018 International Events – PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Newsletter sent to all OWNZ Members of this Notification – PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Dear OWNZ members,
OWNZ was informed on Saturday morning by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) that eight athletes from our team are not eligible to compete because of the article 5.6.5 of the IWF Anti Doping Policy.
This article states:
“An Athlete who is not listed on the IWF’s Registered Testing Pool but wishes to participate in an IWF Event shall provide accurate and complete whereabouts information as set out at Annex I of the International Standard for Testing and Investigations for a period of at least two months prior to the IWF Event in question. If the IWF Event is a World Championship (Youth, Junior and/or Senior), then the period shall be of at least three months prior to the event in question. An Athlete who does not comply with this provision is not eligible to compete at the IWF Event.”
This consequence enforced by the IWF is new, this stance was not taken at the recent 2018 Commonwealth Games, and we have never been declined eligibility due to a late whereabouts submission before. However, the IWF has had this rule for some time now, and we must respect the doping control regulations they are now enforcing.
To ensure this does not happen again, OWNZ is implementing new regulations regarding ADAMS Whereabouts to ensure that any athlete who wishes to be selected for international competitions is not at risk of their entry being rejected.
ALL athletes who are currently registered with OWNZ must take note of the new rules.
Those athletes who wish to be eligible for selection into a New Zealand team for the remaining 2018 International competitions must comply with the requirements below.
The Executive Group and General Manager of OWNZ
NOTICE TO ALL ATHLETES & COACHES
- Once registered with the IWF ADAMS Whereabouts, it is the athlete’s responsibility to update their Whereabouts for the upcoming Quarter (3 months of the year).
- There are no exceptions to this.
- Once registered, you must comply with the IWF and OWNZ rules in this regard.
- If you no longer wish to be eligible to represent NZ internationally you must complete a Retiring Athlete Form. Contact: email@example.com.
- This document is independent of any published qualification periods/dates.
- Moving into 2019, ADAMS Whereabouts deadlines will also be provided as part of the 2019 Selection Policy.
- FISU World University Games
- Youth Olympic Games
- IWF Senior World Championships
- Pacific Cup International
- Registering with ADAMS and having your Whereabouts up to date does not guarantee you will be selected for any event.
- Not having your Whereabouts up to date will mean you are ineligible for selection.
- These deadlines are independent of any published qualification periods/dates.
19th June 2018
Dear OWNZ Members,
2018 OWNZ Member Newsletter
Please CLICK HERE to view our June Newsletter
New Zealand Team for the 2018 Oceania Senior, Junior & Youth Championships
OWNZ is proud to announce the selection of 32 athletes and 7 support staff for the 2018 Oceania Senior, Junior & Youth Championships being held in Noumea, New Caledonia from the 25th – 30th of June!
Please CLICK HERE to view the selections.
May Member Newsletter 2018
Please CLICK HERE to view the members monthly newsletter for May.
Administrator – July 2018 – Full Time
We are looking for a hard-working administrator with a special interest in Weightlifting!
The position assumes overall responsibility for the coordination of staff, volunteers and the day to day operations of Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand, providing support to the Executive Group and developing the business consistent with the OWNZ Strategic Plan and policies approved by the Board.
Job Description: CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Please provide your CV and covering letter, which should include a personal statement of how you envisage your skills benefitting Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand to Emma Pilkington at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the successful applicant will be subject to a police vetting check.
Applications close 4.00pm on Friday 4th May 2018. Interviews will be held in late May/early June.