OWNZ have been working on our national membership database in order to provide a more cost-effective, flexible, more reliable and well supported option that complies with the amended Privacy Act.
This process has been occurring for some months, and additional functionality will continue to be developed and introduced over time, with the main aim being to provide better information and resources for members and clubs.
The first priority was to implement a new membership database in time for the 2021 year, that is capable of dealing with the changes in membership rules confirmed at the 2020 AGM.
The major outcomes to date are;
- Process for “New Members” commenced 24 November and is now operating
- All membership registrations are now on a “rolling” basis – ie; a full 12 months membership from the “anniversay date”
- All 2020 membership registrations prior to 24 November are extended to 31 January 2021 (the anniversary date for renewal for these members becomes 1 February from now on). The process for re-registration will be communicated prior to expiry.
- Those members registering on or after 24 November 2020 have 12 month anniversary dates of when they registered
- New club affiliation and existing club re-affiliation will be completed on-line. The process for renewing club affiliation (due 1 January 2021) will be communicated in the next few days.
Attached is an “update” on where we are up to at the moment. Additional updates will be communicated as additional functionality is rolled out.
Information on the changes to date can be accessed by clicking on UPDATE 1